Ideally located minutes from The Plains and Middleburg, this 26-acre property offering has a large main residence, slate patios, pool, horse stable, detached garage, and several fenced paddocks. The residence is an interesting blend of historic elements and modern additions creating a comfortable, yet charming mix of living spaces. The original log cabin was constructed in 1763 and was composed of 3 rooms with the exposed beams and wood flooring still intact. There was a later addition that expanded the home and created a generous sized great room perfect for entertaining and quiet enjoyment with a grand stone fireplace, high ceilings, and French doors leading to the patios. On this side of the house there are 3 bedrooms each with their own private bathroom, the original formal dining room, separate office, and a galley kitchen. The most recent addition was completed in 2003 and is light filled with an array of large windows surrounding the dining room and open to a gourmet kitchen with premium appliances, cabinetry, and countertops. Off the kitchen, there is a full bathroom, laundry room, and mudroom with convenient access to the pool. The upper level has a primary suite with pastoral views to the east, jacuzzi tub, and steam shower. There is an additional bedroom off the primary for a total of 5 bedrooms. With approximately 7,100 square feet and 2 kitchens, the house lends itself well to guest accommodations and entertaining. The stable has 6 stalls, a tackroom with laundry, and a hay loft. There is a detached garage suitable for collector cars or equipment and a large greenhouse. The property has not been offered for sale in over 30 years, includes 3 parcels protected by a conservation easement, and cannot be sold separately. Conveniently located in desirable Orange County hunt territory and minutes from Route 66.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, Traditional, 2 Story
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, LP Gas Wa
7,100 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Fauquier County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- 2nd Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Appliance Center, Six Burner Range, Refrigerator, Range Hood, Double Oven, Microwave, Washer, Dryer
- Tile, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil. Central.
- 2. Stone, Brick, Wood-burning, Fireplace Screen.
- Security System, TV Entry System
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Recessed Lights, Window Treatment, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Driveway.
- Pool Description
- Lot View
- Mountain, Scenic, Pasture
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Grill - Outdoors, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Paddock, Landscaped. Cleared, Landscaping, Open, Rural, Stream/Creek.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price